wss message

Subject: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 20 April 2004

Minutes for WSSTC Telecon, Tuesday 20 April 2004
Dial in info: 1-888-827-2241  Passcode: 5086288251
Minutes taken by Steve Anderson

                              Summary

  Votes:

    - Minutes from 6 April 2004 meeting accepted (unanimous)

  New (General) Action Items:

    - none

  Issues List Action Items & Status Updates:

    - ISSUE 244: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 247: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 261: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 267: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 270: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 271: POSTPONED
    - ISSUE 272: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 273: PENDING
    - ISSUE 274: PENDING
    - ISSUE 275: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 276: CLOSED

                             Raw Notes

> Agenda:
>
> 1. Roll call

- Attendance attached to bottom of these minutes
- Quorum achieved

> 2. Review minutes from previous meeting (4/6/2004)
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/
>      200404/msg00058.html >

- [VOTE] unanimous consent, accepted

> 3.  Brief update on final 1.0 standards documents and web page updates

- Kelvin: updated the web page announcing standard
- modeled after SAML TC
- spent a lot of time working with OASIS on namespaces and URLs
- still a problem with one set, ChrisK is working on
- Base URL is on spec, and that is the one folks should use
    - without "www" and without "pdf"
- Tony: one more URL in doc needs to be fixed, working on it

> 4. Issues list review & Status of other profiles

- ChrisK: ver 38 posted last night
- pending issues around errata
- Tony: also posted new Kerberos profile
    - ISSUE 244: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 247: CLOSED
- ChrisK: Ron, what is status on SAML update
    - Ron: sent ver 10 last week
    - not sure which issues can be closed as a result
    - ISSUE 261: CLOSED
    - Rich: published ver 5 of the interop doc
    - ISSUE 267: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 270: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 271: POSTPONED until we consider changes to Username doc
    - ISSUE 272: CLOSED
    - ISSUE 273:
        - Rich: this was driven by comments on interop doc
        - doesn't believe there was in inconsistency to start with
        - Ron: willing to put language in token profile if people want it
        - Prateek: isn't this something that should be deferred to the
          SAML spec itself?
        - Ron: could be, but could constrain further here
        - token profile could just point to SAML processing rules, with
          clarification
        - PENDING
        - Rich: interop profile already speaks to this
    - ISSUE 274:
        - Vijay: preference is to use NameQualifier
        - but SAML appears to be moving to Format, so should we also?
        - Ron: should look at 1.1 spec and see if our examples our stale
        - PENDING
    - ISSUE 275:
        - Ron: saw RobP's answer to this, but it may have pointed to old
          ver of SAML token profile
        - doesn't believe issue exists on current version
        - Maneesh will confirm
        - CLOSED
    - ISSUE 276: CLOSED
- ChrisK: will get with Tony about posting errata
    - once that is all set, then we can start talking about folding that
      back in for another version
    - Kelvin: asked OASIS about handling errata
    - will add link to every doc that points to separate errata doc

> 5. SAML/XrML interop status

- new Kerberos profile has been posted, so need people to review &
  comment
- Vijay: still sticking to dates for SAML & XrML interops
- on next concall, can go over logistics
- sent mail to TC twice soliciting participants
- anyone can respond to Vijay participate
- as we get closer to event, will send out logistics

> 6. Other business

- Phill: question concerning Kerberos profile
    - is there a reason to carry out TGT request via WSS?
    - ChrisK: is there a reason to exclude it?
    - Phill: yes, because having 2 protocols can result in weakness
    - Hal: agrees
    - ChrisK: start an email thread

> 7. Adjourn

- Adjourned

Attendance of Voting Members:

  Frank Siebenlist Argonne National Lab
  Peter Dapkus BEA
  Hal Lockhart BEA
  Symon Chang CommerceOne
  Davanum Srinivas CA
  Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
  Guillermo Lao ContentGuard
  TJ Pannu ContentGuard
  Sam Wei Documentum
  John Hughes Entegrity
  Tim Moses Entrust
  Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu
  Kefeng Chen GeoTrust
  Yutaka Kudo Hitachi
  Derek Fu IBM
  Maryann Hondo IBM
  Kelvin Lawrence IBM
  Mike McIntosh IBM
  Anthony Nadalin IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
  Don Flinn Individual
  Vijay Gajjala Microsoft
  Alan Geller Microsoft
  Chris Kaler Microsoft
  Richard Levinson Netegrity
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Abbie Barbir Nortel
  Lloyd Burch Novell
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Jerry Schwarz Oracle
  Ben Hammond RSA Security
  Blake Dournaee Sarvega
  Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
  Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
  Phillip Hallam-Baker VeriSign

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

  Maneesh Sahu Westbridge Technology
  Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin
  Corinna Witt BEA
  Dana Kaufman Forum Systems
  Kojiro Nakayama Hitachi
  Joe Barbush Novell
  Don Adams TIBCO

Membership Status Changes:

  Dana Kaufman Forum Systems - Requested membership 4/9/2004
  Arvind Prabhakar Sun Microsystems - Requested membership 4/10/2004
  Kojiro Nakayama Hitachi - Requested membership 4/14/2004
  Maneesh Sahu Westbridge Technology - Granted voting status after 4/20/2004 call
  Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin - Granted voting status after 4/20/2004 call
  Corinna Witt BEA - Granted voting status after 4/20/2004 call
  Steven Lewis Booz Allen Hamilton - Lost prospective status after 4/20/2004 call

--
Steve Anderson
OpenNetwork