wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] REPLY NEEDED - F2F in the fall ??

I have a conflict for the proposed dates (W3C TAG F2F meeting) so I would prefer we not accept the offer.

BTW I agree with your initial reaction.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com

From: Kelvin Lawrence [mailto:klawrenc@us.ibm.com]
Sent: May 19, 2004 11:05 AM
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wss] REPLY NEEDED - F2F in the fall ??

WSS TC members, all OASIS chairs received an e-mail from the OASIS staff yesterday and they need a quick reply (by May 22nd) so I am posting this now in the hope that most of you will see it. All TC chairs are being asked if their TCs would be interested in holding a F2F meeting in Europe, probably the week of October 4-8 at an event hosted by OASIS in Brussels . I think the plan is that this will be similar to the recent New Orleans event..

For right now, OASIS are just looking for an informal "yes we might be interested" or "no we probably won't be interested".

What do people think?

My initial reaction is that it is hard to tell if we will have enough work on our plate in October to justify a F2F meeting. If I do not hear many dissenting opinions I will probably reply "no we probably won't be interested" but I want to hear from all of you first.

Please RSVP if you have a strong opinion.

Thanks
Kelvin