OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: repost of Minutes of June 15 WSS TC meeting with attendance

Minutes of June 15 WSS TC meeting

Paula Austel,IBM recording minutes

1. Call to order, roll call

Attendance information from Steve Anderson

Attendance of Voting Members
  Gene Thurston AmberPoint
 Frank Siebenlist Argonne National Lab
 Merlin Hughes Betrusted
 Peter Dapkus BEA
 Hal Lockhart BEA
 Corinna Witt BEA
 Steven Lewis Booz Allen Hamilton
 Symon Chang CommerceOne
 Davanum Srinivas CA
 Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
 Guillermo Lao ContentGuard
 TJ Pannu ContentGuard
 Sam Wei Documentum
 Tim Moses Entrust
 Dana Kaufman Forum Systems
 Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu
 Kefeng Chen GeoTrust
 Irving Reid HP
 Kojiro Nakayama Hitachi
 Paula Austel IBM
 Derek Fu IBM
 Kelvin Lawrence IBM
 Mike McIntosh IBM
 Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
 Ron Williams IBM
 Don Flinn Individual
 Bob Morgan Individual
 Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin
 Paul Cotton Microsoft
 Alan Geller Microsoft
 Chris Kaler Microsoft
 Ellen McDermott Microsoft
 Richard Levinson Netegrity
 Prateek Mishra Netegrity
 Frederick Hirsch Nokia
 Abbie Barbir Nortel
 Lloyd Burch Novell
 Charles Knouse Oblix
 Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
 Ramana Turlapati Oracle
 Ben Hammond RSA Security
 Rob Philpott RSA Security
 Martijn de Boer SAP
 Coumara Radja Sarvega
 Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
 Jeff Hodges Sun Microsystems
 Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
 Phillip Hallam-Baker VeriSign
 Maneesh Sahu Westbridge Technology
Attendance of Prospective Members

  Konstantin Shmakov BEA
 Senthil Sengodan Nokia


Membership Status Changes

  Yutaka Kudo Hitachi - Withdrew 6/2/2004
 Eric Gravengaard Reactivity - Withdrew 6/3/2004
 Konstantin Shmakov BEA - Granted voting status after 6/15/2004 call
 Senthil Sengodan Nokia - Granted voting status after 6/15/2004 call

2. Reading/approving minutes of last meeting (June 1st)

Meeting minutes approved.

3. CD Vote on "REL Token Profile" results.
Kelvin reviewed results.

There were questions about whether the vote closed early. Kelvin checked with Karl Best and he didn't see any problems. OASIS staff believes the tool is working. Reflector seems to be working slowly.

Voting results were:

44 yes, 1 no, 2 abstain

47/61 voted

44 is more than required 2/3

Vote passed.
We now have a committee draft, need to get the draft circulating more widely.
Hal: Need a vote to go to public review. Should we wait for SAML profile to be ready?
Review SAML interop first before making decision about public drafts.

Paul Cotton: Since REL is a committee draft he has sent document to WS-I BSP to review. Working group would prefer that TC does not wait for SAML profile before approving this for public comment.
Hal: Document is already public (unlike WS-I) but public review is a separate issue.
Rob: Easier to get vote if we batch documents together.

Kelvin: We might confuse people if we have too many small releases.

Wait 2 weeks to decide on making REL profile available for public review (document is already public and can be viewed by non-TC members)

Paul Cotton: Would like to see public review period soon.  

4. SAML interop status
Results posted to the list:
Chris: Vijay is traveling but looks like interop was great success. Almost everything worked. We have 3 vendors with implementations that are interoping. We seem to be ready for a vote on a committee draft for SAML.

Kelvin: are there still some concerns listed in email or have they all been addressed.

Ron: There are some issues that reflect on core document. Value type for encoding. In SAML profile Value type is string encoded. Core requires base64 encoding. Incompatibility there. Core doesn't offer enough options. Would prefer not to change the SAML profile. This refers to the KeyIdentifier inside a security token reference.
Hal: Inconsistencies between X509 token profile and mandates of core spec. Unambiguous reference to a token. If we are looking at revisions to SAML profile then we should reconsider X509 profile too.
Open a new issue to handle this.
Paula/Tony: There are some outstanding issues from IBM that need to be posted to the list. Interop took 3 weeks and some issues are still being resovled.
Rich: All problems that came up in interop have been dealt with. Would like to understand the issues from IBM.

All interop issues that have not been addressed MUST be posted to the list by end of day next Tuesday (June 22).

5. Errata status and review
The errata was lost and is being reconstructed.
6. Status of other profiles (SAML, XrML, Kerberos)
Alan Geller has volunteered to take over the Kerberos interop.
7. Issues list review  

Issue 277:
Issue 283 post:

Hal 277 and 283 are the same issue. Close them both.
Issue 282 (Password based key derviation): (Hal) need to provide more detailed text. No objections to current proposal.
Issue 285: (Attachments Profile - Frederick) New draft of transform document.
Added new transforms and incorporated comments so far. People should review the draft. Need to move this forward as a profile.
Mike: Not sure about insertion and deletion - how does the new transform effect that? If I sign every part, I have the same protection. The new transform protects reordering.
Frederick: we should look at the draft.

8. Discussion of attachments proposal

Martin G.: XML encryption intended for XML data. When we use this for binary data should there be a warning that data should not be parsed after it has been decrypted?
Frederick: Issue of content ID and content location.

Should you decouple canonicalization from transform?
Frederick: mime canonicalization versus xml canoncalization - we should take this discussion to the list.
9 . Pending OASIS public events & demo opportunities (FYI and discussion) [2]
10 . Other business
11 . Adjournment

At 11:00am

Paula K. Austel
Web Services Security
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Tieline 863-5025

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]