wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Comments on SAML Token Profile

Ramana Turlapati wrote:

>1. The example for "sender-vouches" use case seems really complex. Can this
>be substituted with something simpler, say Scenario III from interop draft?
>or alternatively line by line documentation for the current example might
>help.

Ramana,

You are the second person to ask for a clarification of the
sender-vouches "example".
I will add some more explanatory text to the paragraph preceding the
example. below,
I have pasted the response I sent when a simialr comment was made.

> The sender-vouches example in 3.4.2.3 is perhaps a little more than it
> seems.
>
> The example uses only SAML assertions, and thus there is
> a holder-of-key assertion (referenced by STR 2) from keyInfo that is
> being used to carry the key of the vouching sender. The sender-vouches
> confirmed assertion is referenced from SignedInfo (by id = "#STR1") and
> is being signed by the key in the holder-of-key assertion.
>
> The example could have used a keyIdentifier reference to an X509 cert
> from
> KeyInfo, but as I noted above, I was trying to show an all SAML example.
>
>2. Profile does not cover SAML "Bearer" tokens. Is this scoped for future?

The profile requires support for the sender-vouches and holder-of-key
confirmation mechanisms. It does not preclude the inclusion or referencing
of assertions with other confirmation mechanisms (including bearer) .
It does not not profile the confirmation semantics relating to other
confirmation
mechanisms.

If the TC  wishes to add a requirement that implementors of the profile
support specific confirmation semantics for other confirmation mechanisms
(e.g. "bearer") then we will add them to the profile.

Thanks for the comments, and I hope that my answers are satisfactory,

Ron