wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Comments on SAML Token Profile

My interpretation is that it should not require schema processing if the
guidelines
on lines 418-425 of the core spec are followed to change
the configuration of the parser (as was referenced in earlier email):

"Conformant processors that do not support dynamic XML Schema or DTDs
discovery and
processing are strongly encouraged to integrate this attribute definition
into their
parsers. That is, to treat this attribute information item as if its PSVI
has a
[type definition] which {target namespace} is
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
and which {name} is "Id." Doing so allows the processor to inherently know
how to
process the attribute without having to locate and process the associated
schema.
Specifically, implementations MAY support the value of the wsu:Id as the
valid
identifier for use as an XPointer [XPointer] shorthand pointer for
interoperability with XML Signature references."

Any implementation that has done the above to support the wsu namespace
with local name "Id" should find it straight forward to also then support
the saml namespace with local name "AssertionID".

	Rich Levinson
	Netegrity