wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Comments on SAML Token Profile

Rich Salz wrote:

>>Because WSS implementation knows wsu:Id is of type xsd:Id.
>>In order for it to know saml:AssertionID (or any other token defined
>>attribute) is of type xsd:Id, requires schema processing.

Does it require schema processing or just schema knowledge (i.e. knowledge
of the names of the relevant id attributes; whether there be one or many)?

>That's a very interesting question; are we expecting/requiring profiles to
>be supported generically?  Or it it reasonable to expect that if a WSS
>implementation supports a profile FOO it has some knowledge of the
>syntax and/or semantics of FOO?  You could make the case either way.
>I don't recall consensus on way or the other.
>	/r$

I think that's true.

More generally the relationshiop of identification to parsing and
validation
seems to be an active area, and perhaps not one that we need to predict the
outcome of. That said, I am not sure where we go from here.

Should we try to decide what to do within the TC, or should we open up the
document to wider review?

Ron