OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: WSS TC Minutes 2004-08-10

1. Call to order, roll call 

Attendance of Voting Members

  Frank Siebenlist Argonne National Lab
  Hal Lockhart BEA
  Corinna Witt BEA
  Davanum Srinivas CA
  Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
  Sam Wei Documentum
  Dana Kaufman Forum Systems
  Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu
  Kefeng Chen GeoTrust
  Irving Reid HP
  Kojiro Nakayama Hitachi
  Paula Austel IBM
  Derek Fu IBM
  Maryann Hondo IBM
  Mike McIntosh IBM
  Anthony Nadalin IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
  Ron Williams IBM
  Don Flinn Individual
  Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin
  Paul Cotton Microsoft
  Vijay Gajjala Microsoft
  Alan Geller Microsoft
  Chris Kaler Microsoft
  Richard Levinson Netegrity
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Senthil Sengodan Nokia
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Ramana Turlapati Oracle
  Ben Hammond RSA Security
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Martijn de Boer SAP
  Blake Dournaee Sarvega
  Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
  Jeff Hodges Sun Microsystems
  Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
  Jan Alexander Systinet
  Symon Chang TIBCO
  John Weiland US Navy
  Maneesh Sahu Westbridge Technology
Attendance of Prospective Members or Observers

  Vamsi Motukuru Oracle
  Sundeep Peechu Sargeva

Membership Status Changes

  John Hughes Entegrity - LOA beginning 8/10/2004
  Vamsi Motukuru Oracle - Granted voting status after 8/10/2004 call
  Ellen McDermott Microsoft - Lost voting status after 8/10/2004 call
  John Shewchuk Microsoft - Lost voting status after 8/10/2004 call
  Konstantin Shmakov BEA - Lost voting status after 8/10/2004 call

2. Reading/approving minutes of last meeting (July 27th) [1] 
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200407/msg00090.html 

The minutes were unanimously approved.

3. Quick update on chair actions (mostly web page updates) 

Need Kelvin.  Deferred until next call.

4. Public review status 

Public review has started on REL and SAML Token Profiles.

Ron: Hal has a comment in the context of WS-I.

Hal: Just one that might be submitted to the WSS TC related to the SAML
Token Profile where one MAY ought to be lowercase.

Chris: asks SSTC to provide feedback as well.

5. Errata status 

Tony: There is an updated version and a clean version of the documents
posted now.

Some comments from Kojiro Nakayama.  Tony to look over, and see whether
these comments apply to the way errata was implemented in final document
or whether they reflect new errata.

6. Status of other profiles 

REL and SAML out for public review.
Kerberos profile draft is up for WSS TC to review.  Members should
review this before the next call.
Progress is being made on the SwA profile.

7. Issue list review 

282 - Tony: Didn't want to do errata and add new stuff at once in the
same update to avoid confusion.  Will fold this into v.next in next

290 - Same disposition as 282.

298 - This one should have been closed at the last meeting.  The
decision was that there is no conflict.  The core says that token
profiles can define their own reference types and ordering.  The X.509
token profile defines an X.509 ordering.  Editors to look over the
wording on token ordering in the core and make sure that it is clear
(otherwise clarify in v.next) that token profiles can define ordering.

306 - All these have been addressed in draft 7.  Closed.

308 -
Confusion over what issue was.
Chris: In REL case, license Id is URI type, so it needs URI reference.
In SAML case, assertion Id is ID type, so it needs KeyIdentifier
reference.  Ron: In SAML case, extra issuer information is supplied in
making the reference.  In REL case, this information is assumed to be
not needed.
Rich: There was vote about using key identifier reference in SAML.
Chris: That is different from this issue, which is a global id.
Hal: Agree that is orthogonal to this issue.  This issue existed prior
to that vote.
Steve: Do you have to know the schema for dereferencing a license id
Mike: Yeah, but you don't have to do this at the XML layer because it
doesn't have a # sign at the front.
Steve: But when you do look for it, it is token specific?
Mike: Yes, it is token specific.  The issue is where it happens.
Steve: So it is a layering thing.
Mike: Yeah.
Ron: SAML doesn't use assertion id as direct references now because SAML
2.0 defines URI for reference.  This way there is a path to supporting
SAML 2.0.
Conclusion: Closed.  Not to take any action but Hal has reservations for
the record.

309 - SwA profile to look at this and fix in the next update.  Pending.
Will look for other problems in other documents.

310 - Hal summarized the mail thread.  Agreed current document already
meets alternative #1.  People are satisfied this is unambiguous:
spec+errata says that keyidentifier cannot be used unless token contains
ski extension.  Closed with no action.

311 - Changes incorporated in draft 7.  Closed.

312 - Part 1 is closed in draft 7.  Parts 2 and 3: Open: Dana to work
offline with Frederick on this to get clarification and post to list.

313 - Potential more errata on core, editors to review.  Open.

Skip postponed ones this week.  By next week, people should propose what
they want to do about postponed action items.

8. Interop planning status (Kerberos, SwA) 

Blake still working on SwA interop document.  Probably be pushed out
another month.

Alan: Kerberos document: working on it, but haven't make a lot of
progress yet.

Discussion on timeline of SwA interop.  Note that 8 companies involved.
Probably be in November sometime.  Mike/Tony would prefer that rather
than scheduling it with all 8 companies participating, it'd be better to
schedule when a good number (3-4) can participate and get it done
earlier than November.  Blake will reschedule based on this.

9. Other business 


10. Adjournment 


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]