wss message

Subject: SwA timing

I agree that it is important to move this SwA work along.

It is apparent that there is one section of the SwA profile that may introduce problems, that is the section on including attachment headers in signatures. There is an open issue regarding which headers to include.

For this reason I have the following questions:

1. Does anyone have a pressing need to secure headers at this time? If not, we could remove this capability from this draft, simplifying  the specification and interop. This would reduce the functionality. I would like to confirm that people agree this should stay in.

2. If committee members feel this section is important, please review it and let me know which attachment headers should be included and which not (e.g. Content-Length etc, arbitrary headers etc), and whether correction is needed to the section.

I would like to address this by tomorrow if possible, so that a new stable draft can go out, giving people time to look at it before the next meeting.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

From: ext Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:08 PM
To: Blake Dournaee
Cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [wss] SwA Interop Proposed Date

Ideally we don't want to hold up BSP so earlier the better, off the cuff IBM could do an early/mid Oct. interop date. So if we have several companies ready in Oct. we should run with that and follow up with another if folks want to test thier interoperability.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.838.0085 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for "Blake Dournaee" <blake@sarvega.com>"Blake Dournaee" <blake@sarvega.com>

          "Blake Dournaee" <blake@sarvega.com>

          08/10/2004 11:32 AM

<wss@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

[wss] SwA Interop Proposed Date

All,

Can each of the vendors below provide me with an ideal timeframe for an
interop date for SwA? I will cluster the groups and we can have two
interops.

The interop scenarios document is still pending.

IBM
Hitachi
DataPower
Cyclone Commerce
Sun
Westbridge
CA

Blake Dournaee
Senior Security Architect
http://wwww.sarvega.com

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-openorg/apps/org/workgroup/wss/members/leave_workgroup.php.