wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Groups -oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-security-10-errata-003.pdf uploaded

Anthony Nadalin wrote:

> >If this wasn't a normative change I don't believe we would be
> discussing it (at this time).
> >You changed the text proposed for lines 757-59 in a seemingly
> harmless way, but you did not include the other two changes that are
> necessary (to make it clear
> >that when encoding type is not specified, base64 is NOT the default.
> >also remove "(default) "from the description of Base64Binary in the
> table beginning at line 761.
> >also remove "(the default)" from the end of the sentence at line 1834.
>
> I believe that the text is non-normative, thus it was included under
> that section, your right the table update was dropped and that is a
> normative change, I'll do that now, are there additional concerns?

I think the changes are normative, but I'd like to focus the content.

Thanks for making the table change, also remmber to remove "(the
default)" from the end of the sentence at line 1834.

I would also prefer that use the text I proposed for lines 757-59, as
the text added in the
errata, seems to say more about encoding type definition and "use" than
is necessary.
It says the core defines some (encoding types), profiles may define
others, and the base
values in this spec are used (in some unspecified context). If you
prefer to go with
the text you proposed, I think you should delete the last sentence of
the following

> The optional EncodingType attribute is used to indicate, using a URI,
> the 150
> encoding format of the KeyIdentifier (#Base64Binary). This
> specification 151
> defines the EncodingType URI values appearing in the following table.
> A token 152
> specific profile MAY define additional token specific EncodingType URI
> values. A 153
> KeyIdentifier MUST include an EncodingType attribute when its
> ValueType is not
> sufficient to identify its encoding type.The base values defined in
> this 155
> specification are used (Note that URI fragments are relative to this
> document's 156
> URI):”

Ron