wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] WSS-Minutes 10-05

Maryann thanks so much for taking the minutes and Hal thanks equally for chairing.

It was quite a week in Tokyo, we had torrential rain for a good part of the week and then we had a 5.8 earthquake on Tuesday and then on Saturday the Typhoon Ma-On with winds in excess of 165mph at one point, made a direct hit on Tokyo and I ended up sleeping on the floor in the airport. Finally on the plane home now.

Talk to you all on the next call

Cheers
Kelvin

Inactive hide details for Maryann Hondo/Austin/IBM@IBMUSMaryann Hondo/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

          Maryann Hondo/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

          10/07/2004 09:02 PM

wss@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[wss] WSS-Minutes 10-05

No chairs available......[Kelvin travelling, Chris Kaler might have had some travel problems so.....some discussion about election of a pro-tem chair]

Hal volunteered to be chair
Seconded by <sorry...missed who seconded>
No objections.

Steve took attendance:

Attendance of Voting Members

Frank Siebenlist Argonne National Lab

Hal Lockhart BEA

Corinna Witt BEA

Merlin Hughes Betrusted

Chong-Jen Hsu CommerceOne

Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard

Guillermo Lao ContentGuard

Tim Moses Entrust

Dana Kaufman Forum Systems

Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu

Irving Reid HP

Kojiro Nakayama Hitachi

Derek Fu IBM

Maryann Hondo IBM

Paula Austel, IBM
Mike McIntosh IBM

Anthony Nadalin IBM

Ron Williams IBM

Bob Morgan Internet2

Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin

Vijay Gajjala Microsoft

Alan Geller Microsoft

Richard Levinson Netegrity

Prateek Mishra Netegrity

Frederick Hirsch Nokia

Abbie Barbir Nortel

Steve Anderson OpenNetwork

Vamsi Motukuru Oracle

Ramana Turlapati Oracle

Ben Hammond RSA Security

Andrew Nash RSA Security

Rob Philpott RSA Security

Martijn de Boer SAP

Blake Dournaee Sarvega

Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond

Jeff Hodges Sun Microsystems

Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems

Symon Chang TIBCO

John Weiland US Navy

Phil Hallam-Baker, Verisign
Maneesh Sahu Westbridge Technology

Attendance of Prospective Members or Observers

Jerry Schwarz Oracle

Carolina Canales-Valenzuela Ericsson

Davanum Srinivas CA

Ramanathan Krishnamurthy IONA

Membership Status Changes

Senthil Sengodan Nokia - Requested membership 9/21/2004

Charles Knouse Oblix - Withdrew 9/21/2004

Carolina Canales-Valenzuela Ericsson - Requested membership 9/23/2004

Davanum Srinivas CA - Requested membership 10/5/2004

Don Flinn Individual - Lost voting status after 10/5/2004 call

Sundeep Peechu Sargeva - Lost prospective status after 10/5/2004 call

we do have quorum

Hal: acceptance of the minutes?
motion to approve, Frederick
second, Tony
no objections to unanimous consent

Tony : report on errata
complete as per last call...change to X509 profile
this completes what's on the list & discussed in the last meeting
Any other comments?<none>

SAML & REL profile status- report from the chairs?
post to list , chairs need to make a formal call for IPR
[ Hal made an informal call ]

other document status:
Attachments -Frederick, still some issues with Dana on v10 to address this
Kerberos- profile - Tony- no changes
1.1 version of core? any changes ? waiting for final comments from group
need to vote it as CD, go ahead with SAML & REL without that
Tony can post a new 1.1 ....

any objections? no
Tony to post

interop planning
Kerberos: Allen Geller, posted scenarios , has not gotten any response
Attachments: Blake, posted draft of scenarios, gotten some comments & still in the process of updating
proposed date for interop ...week of Oct 25th (ibm, datapower, cyclone) Nov 15th (hitachi, sun, oracle, datapower, westbridge)
have we decided to hold two?

time to make a decision
Blake made a motion to do Nov 15th, seconded by datapower
Tony spoke against it, we need to get back to WS-I ASAP

can all companies that can do it on the 25th, can they repeat it on the 15th?
IBM, no

Take a vote, roll call
not sure if this is the appropriate proceedure...it does affect the TC as a whole

Tony, why does it matter if we do 2?
Hal, do you want to propose an ammedment to the proposal?
Tony, that has been the proposal all along.
If people can't make it that's ok

will be doing the same scenarios ....for the oct date there are only 3 companies,
let's not spend any more time....table the matter and let the participants make the arrangements?

what is the objective? an interop is a pre-condition to committee draft
BSP can't work on it until its a committee draft
we could go to committee draft sooner....but that will need to be following the process
and the chairs will work that

Issues list -Vijay

282
- pending
298
-pending Tony, not clear on the change required, in addition to core statement about ordering, token profiles
can define their own order
Tony, does this go into errata or 1.1?
Tony thinks this is a 1.1 issue. Vijay, it is a 1.next issue.......
309
-pending- specific item is fixed, but issue is to review all token profiles and see if it occurred anywhere else...
321-closed
- Frederick thinks this should be closed (Dana agreed)
327,328
-closed in errata

53
closed by 282 noting in the issues list the remaining part of this is in 282.
84
text proposed ...Tony to look at resolution
86 pending ( a champion)
also related to resolution on 319
this is so old the name of the profile it relates to has changed.... does anyone want to advance this profile, otherwise propose that we close this issue
103
Ron-to figure out the status of this issue
196
-closed
310-
open, need discussion on the mailing list
( goal would be to put Vijays text in profile (Tony?) and mark this as pending )
did we just and another kind of key identifier that everyone needs to support ? (Ron)
the code doesn't exist for this, people don't do thumbprint based lookup
are we talking about the next version? if there is value in doing this it should be mandatory
it is useful to be well defined, we're adding another form of index
Hal-
its reasonably established in the PKI world
choices are don't define it, make it optional, make it mandatory
Oracle-
what is the impact on other security groups? this will change things around
Hal-
BSP would have to decide whether or not to profile this
a good identifier is one that is unambiguos and in widespread use
the SKI has 2 strikes against it
Hal:
issuer serial number issue: issuer is a dn, and there are repositories who are doing a full x509 dn match and pkix says that the only thing
you are required to do is a byte by byte compare, and the result is that somethings don't match when they should
BEA has an issue with making this mandatory.
Vijay,
it could be optional
Oracle-
if we take the thumbprint approach, is this something in LDAP or is this external?
Ron-
question is whether or not you capture the thumbprint and store it in LDAP
you have to change what you store in LDAP

anyone object to moving on?

315-pending
(Tony to put Hal's text into core)
317,318,319
-open Vijay has text, not posted to the list yet, get discussion
326,329
-open (Frederick)
330 pending
- Dana, errata to errata small changes for editors (Tony) add unless there are problems
331-open

Paula Austel, Phil Hallam-Baker

GIF image