wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Quoting Issues

I'm confused. The Transform in the CipherReference refers how to get the cipher data from the attachment containing the cipher data, and is required to always be Content-Only. This is what 4.4.1 says.

The xenc:EncryptedData Type attribute specifies what was encrypted (content or content and headers) using an independent URI, distinct from the transform, as noted in 4.4.2 item #3.

Thus I don't see a requirement in the text to canonicalize headers for encryption and would expect that it not be done.

Is this a mistake, or should the example you give be modified?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Blake Dournaee [mailto:blake@sarvega.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:18 AM
To: Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-TP/Boston); mgudgin@microsoft.com; brich@us.ibm.com
Cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Frederick -

I believe that the MIME Canonicalization is definitely required for encryption. Even though the transform element is used as a ds:Reference transform, this is also used as a child to the xenc:CipherReference element as well.

<xenc:CipherReference URI=cid:bar";>
<xenc:Transforms>
 <ds:Transform
   Algorithm="http://docs.oasisopen.org/wss/2004/XX/oasis-2004XX-wss-swa-
profile-1.0#Attachment-Complete-Transform"/>
 <ds:Transform
  Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#base64"/>
< /xenc:Transforms>
</xenc:CipherRefence>