wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] SwA Profile change

Frederick,

regardless of practice, there is no practical difference between
resolution of different schemes, or for relative URIs
both of which are permitted.

This constraint is purely arbitrary. I don't have time to explain this now
but I think if you read RFC2557 and SwA
there is an explanatoion.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295

<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
11/16/2004 09:47 AM

Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<wss@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [wss] SwA Profile change

Chris

The primary reason is that URL resolution for attachments referenced by
Content-Location could lead to interop issues, and issues related to
possible URL redirection.

The second reason is that WSS has only interop'd CIDs and it seems to be
what people are using in practice - so it seems appropriate to go with
the most simplicity possible.

Do you see an issue with constraining the WS-Security references to
CIDs?

I would like to see the TC resolve this issue at today's WSS meeting.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia