wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] ACTION([Ron]: Propose what to do about SAML 2.0 assertionIDs.

Tony,

I am resending with the agreed to change, because when I re-read your
comments, it occured to
me that you may have been responding to the msg I sent that detailed
feedback I recieved
from the SS TC. The resolution accepted by the WSS TC was version neutral.

Ron

*** x	Tue Nov 16 09:40:09 2004
--- y	Tue Nov 16 09:41:07 2004
***************
*** 3,14 ****
  the wsu:Id attribute so that recipients need not understand the full schema of the message for
  processing of the security elements. That is, they need only "know" that the wsu:Id attribute
  represents a schema type of ID which is used to reference elements. However, because some
! key schemas used by this specification don't allow attribute extensibility (namely XML Signature
! and XML Encryption), this specification also allows use of their local ID attributes in addition to
  the wsu:Id attribute. As a consequence, when trying to locate an element referenced in a
  signature, the following attributes are considered:
  o Local ID attributes on XML Signature elements
  o Local ID attributes on XML Encryption elements
  o Global wsu:Id attributes (described below) on elements
  In addition, when signing a part of an envelope such as the body, it is RECOMMENDED that an
  ID reference is used instead of a more general transformation, especially XPath [XPATH]. This is
--- 3,15 ----
  the wsu:Id attribute so that recipients need not understand the full schema of the message for
  processing of the security elements. That is, they need only "know" that the wsu:Id attribute
  represents a schema type of ID which is used to reference elements. However, because some
! key schemas used by this specification don't allow attribute extensibility (namely XML Signature,
! XML Encryption, and SAML Assertions), this specification also allows use of their local ID attributes in addition to
  the wsu:Id attribute. As a consequence, when trying to locate an element referenced in a
  signature, the following attributes are considered:
  o Local ID attributes on XML Signature elements
  o Local ID attributes on XML Encryption elements
+ o Local ID attributes on SAML Assertions