OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of WSS telecom 2/8/05

Please post any corrections or additions to the list.

Minutes 2/18/05

Role Call: Quorum Achieved 39 out of 50

Previous minutes: Approved; No Objections

Public review of SwA Profile times out in 3 days. So far no comments.
Kelvin will post when public review is finished.

Token Types Discussion:
There are two proposals for either
Thomas's proposal
Ron's proposal with modifications
Hal: Motion to adapt Ron's proposal as in message 20 with Toshi's
modifications. Frederick seconded.
Role call vote: 30 yes; 1 no; 3 abstains
Issue 250 motion passed and editor's to make changes 
Leave issue 250 open to track editors changes

Interop at Gartner Conference:
On April 20 afternoon in CA, OASIS is looking for interoperability
between the standard. They have asked for a WSS interop; 
Is there value in doing this?
Hal Do we repeat an interop that has been done before?
Kelvin: Probably use what has been done privately.
Kate: Lockheed Martin encourages this activity as a means of ensuring
the main stream industry of the specification's wide-spread acceptance.
Tony: yes
Microsoft to get back
Kelvin: If we go ahead we will get someone to write up the proposal.
Kate: Show what's happening with code demonstration.
Ron: If we knew what scenarios then we could get commitment from our
Propose a demo of the core profiles; username & X509
IBM BEA, Systinet, Sun and Microsoft have shown an interest.
Kelvin: To post a request for interest.
Those interested please post an e-mail of their interest by close of
business Thursday.

Status of Documents:
Tony – No new updates, still have some pending items.
Hal – Some proposed items not in yet.
Tony – not sent to editors.

Issue Lists:
250 Pending - Vote taken and passed, see above.
349 Pending review - Frederick sent e-mail proposal. Ron agrees to
351 & 352 Pending Review - Assign to editors to update.
354 Pending
310 VJ to publish to the list in the next few days
338 Open
355 Open 
	Last proposal from Toshi was good
	Ron does this mean that examples change in core and profiles?
	Toshi just in core.
	Tony still have some concerns; Need more detail
	Hal likes distinction between key bearing and key using
	Ron As a result of later additions the order might change
	Chris need more discussion on mailing list
	Leave open for more discussion on mailing list
356 Pending - Fredick has some text 
357 Pending with updates to 1.1 and 2.0
	VJ proposal for Token type
	Ron Does TC want token type in 1.0? Should this be put 	
	in errata?
	Don't put in errata
	Use attribute in 1.1; no place for the token type in 1.0
	Is it ok to define in 1.1, not sure that there is any 
	practical use before then?

Kerberos Interop: Send out document and received some questions
No estimated time for interop
Maybe beginning of March

Other Business: None

Adjourn: Hal move to adjourn

Attendance of Voting Members

  Maneesh Sahu Actional Corporation

  Gene Thurston AmberPoint

  Hal Lockhart BEA

  Corinna Witt BEA

  Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard

  Merlin Hughes Cybertrust

  Sam Wei Documentum

  CarolinaCanales-Valenzuela Ericsson

  Dana Kaufman Forum Systems

  Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu

  Kefeng Chen GeoTrust

  Irving Reid HP

  Maryann Hondo IBM

  Kelvin Lawrence IBM

  Mike McIntosh IBM

  Anthony Nadalin IBM

  Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM

  Ron Williams IBM

  Don Flinn Individual

  Ramanathan Krishnamurthy IONA

  Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin

  Vijay Gajjala Microsoft

  Martin Gudgin Microsoft

  Chris Kaler Microsoft

  Richard Levinson Netegrity

  Jeff Hodges NeuStar

  Frederick Hirsch Nokia

  Abbie Barbir Nortel

  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork

  Vamsi Motukuru Oracle

  Ramana Turlapati Oracle

  Chong-Jen Hsu PeopleSoft

  Prateek Mishra Principal Identity

  Ben Hammond RSA Security

  Rob Philpott RSA Security

  Blake Dournaee Sarvega

  Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond

  Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems

  Jan Alexander Systinet

  Symon Chang TIBCO

  Phillip Hallam-Baker VeriSign

Attendance of Prospective Members or Observers

  Hans Granqvist VeriSign

  Larry Byrns IBM

Membership Status Changes

  Andrew Nash Reactivity - Requested voting status 1/27/2005

  Hans Granqvist VeriSign - Requested voting status 2/2/2005

Steve Anderson




Don Flinn
President, Flint Security LLC
Tel: 781-856-7230
Fax: 781-631-7693

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]