wss message

Subject: Issue 355 (was [wss] examples of signing element(s) in security header)

I was asked to resend the specific change about the first of three subissues of issue 355 (the other two subissues were agreed no change).

--

I suggest that we clarify the following statement from the spec

| As elements are added to a <wsse:Security> header block, they SHOULD
| be prepended to the existing elements.

so that it will read in the errata as

| As ds:Signature, enc:EncryptedKey, and enc:ReferenceList elements
| are added to a <wsse:Security> header block, they SHOULD be added
| in such a way that they appear before any existing ds:Signature,
| enc:EncryptedKey, or enc:ReferenceList elements already in the
| wsse:Security header.

more accurately reflecting the original intent.

--

To see more history on this issue, see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200502/msg00052.html

&Thomas.