wss message

Subject: Updated Minutes 12-Jul-2005 (was: Re: [wss] Minutes 12-Jul-2005)

Minutes for WSSTC concall tue 7/12/2005

roll call -- have quorum

[Attendance info at bottom of this msg.]

 > 2. Reading/approving minutes of last meeting (28th June) [1]
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200507/msg00002.html

[some discussion wrt the above-linked minutes -- there's been modifications to
them suggested on the mailing list]

chairs: defer approving Minutes June 28 2005 concall until next call?

Duane Nickull: suggests we approve minutes with caveat that there's comments
pending on them

chairs: any objections to approving the June 28 2005 concall minutes pending
the updates?

[no objections, minutes approved pending updates, will revisit on next concall]

ChrisKaler(ck): have agenda item on next call that there's item to approve
minutes update (to minutes of 28-Jun-2005 concall) on next call

 > 3. Issue list review & document status

there are 4 issues

pending ones (2)..

   389 - id clash

ck: did that one get fixed-up?
TonyNadalin(tn): nope
ck: can we spin-up a non-CD doc that has these changes in it?
tn: yes
ck: will update the action item appropriately

   393 contributor's list

[hans grangvist to add info to "contributors list" that he's going to send to
the mailing list]
ck: then leave this pending

   394 --- Ron Monzillo's issue with SAML IOP doc

RonMonzillo(rm): can't take on making edits right now
ck: who can help with this?
rm: can we get source doc from Rich Levinson? is it in the repository?
?: do we have volunteer to edit?
Abbie Barbir, nortel: if he (rich) doesn't then I will

  issue 399 from Thomas DeMartini

   [msg 133 frm june in archives, see below]

ck: thomas, can you explain?
ThomasDeMartini(td): issue of diff id's, and all, proposed fairly lengthly
chunk of text to address this, with options -- so it seemed on the email list
that there was consensus to make this change and to pick option #1, and I sent
a summary email to that effect to the list
ck: any objections to just making the change?

ck reads message thomas is referring to..

New Issue: (was RE: [wss] Issue 399: Proposed Security Consideration Text)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200506/msg00133.html

.. RM nominally agrees to the change, overall silence when ck asks for any
objections to just make the change?

MikeMcIntosh(mm): this is change that doesn't hurt, so is ok with the change?

ck: any objecttions to just making the change?

ck: hearing no obj, we'll adopt change #1 in the above ref'd msg, and editor is
directed to make the change

 >  4. Interop status for 1.1

gudge(mg): 2 parties have responded to the inquiry for virt v1.1 IOP during
pubreview (which is now 60 days)

mg: iop scenarios are done.

ck: have 3 companies that are ready to go (ibm, msft, ?) -- who was 3d?

mg: scott larson (layer 3)

KelvinLawrence(kl): any other companies can step up? this is not "public iop"
-- this is for helping the spec, is a private event amongst TC members

 > 5. Other Business

tn: ibm will announce at catalyst that ibm & msft & partners will announce the
ws-securitypolicy, ws-trust, ws-secureconversation

will go into oasis tc under new ipr rules into a new TC forming in Sept 2005

FrederickHirsch(fh): which ipr rules?

PaulCotton(pc): rf w/rand

pc/tn: we'll be repub ws-securitypolicy tomorrow too on all partners websites

---

kl: note that public comments from pub review of specs will occur on the TC's
"public review" mailing list, and TC members should please keep an eye on it
for such feedback: wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

---

adjourn

=======================
Attendance info per Steve Anderson

Attendance of Voting Members

   Maneesh Sahu Actional Corporation
   Gene Thurston AmberPoint
   Hal Lockhart BEA Systems, Inc.
   Denis Pilipchuk BEA Systems, Inc.
   Steve Anderson BMC Software
   Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
   Sam Wei Documentum
   Carolina Canales-Valenzuela Ericsson
   Dana Kaufman Forum Systems, Inc.
   Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu Limited
   Kefeng Chen GeoTrust
   Derek Fu IBM
   Kelvin Lawrence IBM
   Mike McIntosh IBM
   Anthony Nadalin IBM
   Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
   Ron Williams IBM
   Don Flinn Individual
   Paul Cotton Microsoft Corporation
   Martin Gudgin Microsoft Corporation
   Chris Kaler Microsoft Corporation
   Jeff Hodges NeuStar, Inc.
   Frederick Hirsch Nokia Corporation
   Abbie Barbir Nortel
   Prateek Mishra Principal Identity
   Rob Philpott RSA Security
   Blake Dournaee Sarvega
   Coumara Radja Sarvega
   Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
   Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
   Jan Alexander Systinet
   Symon Chang TIBCO Software, Inc.
   John Weiland US Dept of the Navy
   Hans Granqvist VeriSign

Attendance of Voting Members - Probation

   Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin
   Ben Hammond RSA Security
   Corinna Witt BEA Systems, Inc.

Attendance of Non-Voting Members

   Duane Nickull Adobe
   Kojiro Nakayama Hitachi

Attendance of Observers

   Paul Knight Nortel

Membership Status Changes

   Kate Cherry Lockheed Martin - Granted voting status after 7/12/2005
call

end