wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Comment on WSS Core 1.1

I should add that the W3C process indicates that a decision on xml:id
going to Recommendation status could come as soon as two weeks after the
close of formal review, which ends 26 August 2005. This means that
xml:id could go to Recommendation as soon as 9 Sept, although it could
also be later.

Thus the timing is possibly right to add xml:id to the list in WSS core,
avoiding subsequent issues.

Hence the reason for raising this as a public review comment now.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

-----Original Message-----
From: ext
wss-return-2476-frederick.hirsch=nokia.com@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:wss-return-2476-frederick.hirsch=nokia.com@lists.oasis-open.org]

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:27 PM
To: wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wss] Comment on WSS Core 1.1

Given that xml:id is at Proposed Recommendation status [1] and likely to
be a W3C Recommendation close following the end of the public review
period for WSS 1.1, I propose we explicitly list xml:id in the core
document in Section 4, "ID References".

Although this section does not preclude the use of xml:id, to avoid
ambiguity it would be preferable to add xml:id to the list explicitly.

The specific proposal is to add "xml:id" as a bullet point after line
499 in the public review draft (on a new line between lines 499 and 500
in the latest WSS editorial draft [3]) and to add a reference to the W3C
recommendation.

We may decide to delay standardization for a few weeks to allow xml:id
to advance to Recommendation status.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/PR-xml-id-20050712/

[2]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13397/wss-v1.1-spec-pr
-SOAPMessageSecurity-01.pdf

[3]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/download.php/13961/wss-
v1.1-spec-draft-SOAPMessageSecurity-01.pdf