wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] xml:id proposal

> +1 to your comments for backwards compat. with the assumption that the
> "may" in #3 is capitalized to correspond with the RFC 2119 "MAY".

Note that the lower case "may" was in Frederick's original proposal.
Actually I think he meant to use it in the lower case English usage but
I am completely flexible on this point.

> On #4, I would advocate that the wording be stronger to indicate that
> within a specific document, one or the other must be used but not a
mix
> of both.

I don't think we can do this since it implies that someone has control
over all the elements in their messages.  It is very possible that
someone is defining the schema to be used and the mixed case has to be
possible.

> It may be harder to manage ID's and IDREF's across two
> different processing mechanisms.

Not if all the id attributes are implemented corrected and as per the
existing specifications and the forthcoming xml:id spec.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com