wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Groups - Web Services Security:SAML2 Interop v1 (wss-saml2-interop-draft1-v0.zip) uploaded

Abbie,

Sorry I haven't been able to get to this sooner, but
hopefully better late than never:

1. p22 line 725: SecurityTokenReference has ValueType #AssertionID,
which is for SAML 1.1 according to profile spec line 407 table 2.
However the assertion on line 700 is SAML 2.0. I think this needs
to be straightened out using the details in the profile spec lines
398-400. Whether to use the "SHOULD" Direct method or the "MAY"
KeyIdentifier method: probably should use the Direct method, since
that is what profile recommends, although profile spec example uses
the KeyIdentifier method on lines 1083-1088.

2. p28 line 950: ValueType says "SAMLAssertion2.0" - probably should
be "SAMLID" as indicated in profile spec line 407 table 2 for V2.0.

3. p29 line 1000-1001: Assertion has version 1.1 - probably should be
2.0.

4. p30 line 1051: same as comment #1 above.

These may seem a little trivial, but this area became a significant
focus of the WSS SAML Interop 1, which used saml 1.1 assertions.

	Thanks,

	Rich Levinson
	Computer Associates