wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] wrt Issue 428

 From the minutes of the 4-Oct-2005 concall (yesterday)...

   Kelvin - for J Hodges - 428 "closed because no action proposed"
   - Gudge to take AI to trace 428 and was Jeff's proposal on the
     table when voted.

thanks for covering this Kelvin (and apologies for my having to drop off the
call early).

To help Gudge out, the answer to the above AI is "yes" -- the proposal was on
the table at the time of the 6-Sep call, the proposal was Thomas' (of
31-Aug-2005), and it all is documented in the forwarded messages below.

This is an admittedly detail-level item, but it is an identifiable loose end
that was manifested in the public comment period and so should be properly
dealt with.

thanks again,

JeffH

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [wss] [VER 2] OASIS WSS TC Minutes 2005-09-06 (with roll call)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:17:25 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <Jeff.Hodges@neustar.biz>
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Paul Cotton wrote:
 > OASIS WSS TC Minutes 2005-09-06
 >
 > [VER 2]

<snippage/>

 > Issue 428
 > Frederick asked for more time at the last meeting but has not yet done
 > anything.  Since there is no concrete proposal we will change status to
 > Closed.

This issue actually had two nominal approaches - (a) allow for STR->STR
references, or (b) unambiguously rule such references out, as Conor stated in
this msg to wss-comment@...

Subject: recursive Security Token References
     * From: "Conor P. Cahill" <concahill@aol.com>
     * To: wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
     * Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:02:32 -0400
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss-comment/200508/msg00018.html

                          .
                          .
    "I think that at the absolute minimum there should be
    a statement about this case, perhaps saying it is out
    of scope for the specification -- although I would rather
    see this situation addressed."
                          .
                          .

I believe that there in fact was a reasonable concrete proposal made (by
Thomas) in response, taking approach (b), in these messages to wss@...