wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] WSS One Time Password

The way to get this going is for one or two people to volunteer to be
editor. The first task is to produce a consolidated document based on
the submissions using the OASIS template. This will require a little
work to decide what material to use from each submission. How to do this
is not completely clear to me.

It seems to me that this work would be significantly more valuable if it
could be used for integrity protection at least and perhaps
confidentiality as well.

1. Is it technologically feasible, for example to use a OTP as the
secret in an HMAC? Or could some key derivation scheme be applied?

2. Is it even feasible, to support signing and verification securely by
two parties using an OTP?

3. Can a single scheme be used for all the types of OTP cited, or do we
need a scheme per type or even per OTP algorithm?

4. Would the use of such a scheme weaken the OTP in some way?

Hal