wss message

Subject: Fw: [chairs] TC FAQ Page

Folks, we have discussed this a while back on our calls but have never had the time (nor the volunteers) to get this done. Would anyone be prepared to draft an FAQ that we could post on the WSS TC Page. The OASIS Staff are reminding all the chairs right now that this needs to get done for all the active TCs.

The mail below contains a link to the template that we have been asked to fill out. If someone would be prepared to make a first cut at this that would be great. We could then discuss as a TC and send it in to the OASIS staff.

Anyone up for this? It will help with getting accurate recognition/reporting of our work.

Cheers
Kelvin

----- Forwarded by Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM on 02/10/2006 11:44 AM -----
"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

02/10/2006 09:53 AM

<chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[chairs] TC FAQ Template

OASIS Committee Chairs:
Each OASIS TC is provided with an FAQ page, linked from the upper right column of the TC's public homepage. This FAQ is a very
important resource for helping prospective members, press, analysts, and OASIS staff better understand your work.

The OASIS Technical Advisory Board has compiled a list of generic questions that provide a basis for all TC FAQs. This is a great
way to get started writing your FAQ, but naturally, you are free to add questions specific to your work. Also, keep in mind that
edits to posted FAQ can be made at any time.

Please take a moment to review your TC's FAQ page. Send new text or edits to me, and we'll get them posted as soon as possible.

Again, *all* OASIS Committees should provide information on their FAQ pages. It is particularly crucial for TC's preparing to submit
work for approval. Press releases announcing new OASIS Standards must reference an updated FAQ.

TAB Recommended Questions: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/11675/tab-generic-faq-approved.txt

Many thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
Voice: +1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability
9-12 May, San Francisco
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/