wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] WSS - what's left to do in 2006?

Because of a travel conflict, I will be unable to attend the next TC call.  Given this fact, I wanted to communicate the following beforehand as input to the upcoming discussion about potential remaining TC work.  RSA Security remains interested in progressing an OTP Profile specification; I can offer to act as a co-editor for this document in collaboration with one or more other co-editors to be selected by the TC.  As the appropriate scope of interoperability activity for this specification warrants further definition, and pending further evolution of TC constituency and interest in the activity, we have not yet been able to evaluate or commit corresponding development and prototyping resources.

--jl

From: Kelvin Lawrence [mailto:klawrenc@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:00 AM
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wss] WSS - what's left to do in 2006?

On our WSS TC call today the chairs took an action to post an e-mail about remaining work for 2006.

We had a brief discussion on the call today about potential work left on the TC's plate. As several TC members were not on the call today we agreed the best way to do this was to start an e-mail thread and then try to close at our next TC call.

Relative to remaining work, the four things that came up in discussions today were:

Finishing the errata (this is already well underway)
SAML 2 interop
The OTP Profile
The Minimal profile

To date we do not have editors etc in place for the latter two. The chairs took an action to ask (by e-mail) the TC members to think about these items (and any other items) that they think the TC still needs to do before we declare victory and quite possibly put the TC to bed. If we do decide to work on these items, we will need volunteers for editor, issue tracker, interop coordinator etc.

Please come to the next WSS TC call (in two weeks from today) on February 21st, prepared to discuss these items.

We look forward to a good discussion in two weeks

Cheers
Kelvin
WSS TC co-chair