wss message

Subject: Re: [wss-comment] Public Comment

Thomas,

I agree with your concern.

I think it may be sufficient to sign the str, although I think signing
the entire assertion would eliminate concerns of key ambiguity and would
allign the attesting behavior with that performed for sender-vouches
assertions.

add the following after line 695

It is strongly recommended that the attesting entity protect against
substitution of another assertion or statement with equivalent
confirmation key. The attesting entity MAY accomplish this by including
either the SAML assertion or an unambiguous reference to the SAML
assertion within the content it signs to demonstrate knowledge of the
confirmation key.

The examples should also be changed to show and describe the additional
references in signed info.

and a description of the risk of assertion substitution should be added
to the security considerations section.

Ron