wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Groups - OTP Token Consolidated Input Submission (wss-v1 1-spec-os-OTPTokenProfile.pdf) uploaded

From VeriSign's point of view we sent this out to OATH members for comment. No comments were received other than confirmation of receipt and having read it.

The only authors I am aware of at the VeriSign end are myself and Hans Granquist.

From: Abbie Barbir [mailto:abbieb@nortel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:01 AM
To: Anthony Nadalin; Linn, John
Cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Yes,
I do second Tony concerns.
Abbie

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:48 AM
To: Linn, John
Cc: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

If we look at the rest of the specifications in this TC we see that each of the authors have been able to make written statements that they are contributing the specification(s) to OASIS, with a clear statement about IP, this does not seem to be the case with this new specification. While you may have satisfied the section 3.1 this is a change from the rest of the specifications in the TC and IBM has concerns.

Inactive hide details for "Linn, John" <jlinn@rsasecurity.com>"Linn, John" <jlinn@rsasecurity.com>

          "Linn, John" <jlinn@rsasecurity.com>

          03/21/2006 07:25 AM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <wss@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

RE: [wss] Groups - OTP Token Consolidated Input Submission (wss-v1 1-spec-os-OTPTokenProfile.pdf) uploaded

Tony,

Thanks for the follow-up. I thought that this question had been resolved last fall, at least with respect to the RSA submission. As I understand the OASIS legacy IPR policy, sec. OASIS.IPR.3.1, requirements are levied on submitters with regard to the contributors named within a contribution (including a representation that major contributors are properly acknowledged), and it’s our position as submitter that those requirements have been satisfied with respect to this submission.

--jl