wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] WSS Minutes 2006-04-04

> Paul - several people pointed to the fact that the algorithms
> are trademarked and encumbered at the last meeting Ron - why
> not make that algorithm the baseline of interoperability?
> would the submitters not agree to at least one?

The HOTP algorithm is already published by the IETF in accordance with
Section 6 of BCP 79

http://www.openauthentication.org/pdfs/HMAC_OTP_DRAFT_4.pdf
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4226.txt

Just to clarify here, is the issue being raised here the IPR relating to the
specific technology described in the draft or a requirement for at least one
algorithm that can be implemented on RF terms?

The intent of the submission as described in the abstract was to specify a
RF algorithm.

I have no problem obtaining either statement, my understanding was that the
HOTP license issue had been settled on submission to the IETF. The objective
was from the start for OATH to be RF.

I just want to know what the statement it is that you need here.

smime.p7s