wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] WSS 1.1 X509v3 URI Problem - Section 8.3

Hal,

I think that the document is correct, please look at section 8.6 where this fragment is used in an example.

Inactive hide details for "Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>"Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>

          "Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>

          06/29/2006 12:25 PM

"Dana Kaufman" <dkaufman@forumsys.com>, <wss@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

RE: [wss] WSS 1.1 X509v3 URI Problem - Section 8.3

I believe Dana is right that there is an actual problem here.

In 8.3 of the core there is a table listing 3 fragment identifiers:
#Base64Binary, #STR-Transform and #X509v3. All three are shown as being
relative to:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-sec
urity-1.0

However, #Base64Binary and #X509v3 are not referenced anywhere in the
core document.

In the X.509 Token Profile section 2.2 there is a table with the same
three fragment identifiers, plus three more. #Base64Binary and
#STR-Transform are again given as relative to:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-sec
urity-1.0.

However #X509v3 and the other three X.509 related ones are all given as
relative to:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-
token-profile-1.0

So at a minimum this is confusing. It seems to me the simplest thing to
do is just drop the #X509v3 row from the table in the core document.

Hal

WSS

http://www.forumsys.com