Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] Section A12

John Merrells wrote:

> 2) <i>type</i>-match appears as a standard function. (And does not appear
> in the conformance tables.) The subsequent paragraph starts "The
> evaluation
> semantics for a match is as follows...' But is this referring to the
> standard
> match functions as a whole, or just the behaviour of the
> <i>type</i>-match
> function itself. If not then where's the definition of
> <i>type</i>-match ?

I think I've worked out that the <i>type</i> place holder in the list of the
standard match functions is not meant to stand in for all the types
recognized
by xacml, but is meant as a kind of wildcard to refer to the functions
actually
specified. So <i>type</i>-match doesn't mean integer-match, double-match,
etc, but actually just rfc822Name-match and x500Name-match.I think other
readers might be confused by this too.

John