Subject: [xacml-comment] Comments on XPath-related functionality

Hi,

I have two comments on XPath-related functionality.

1) About <XPathVersion>

Section 5.4 says that:
The <XPathVersion> element is REQUIRED
if the XACML enclosing policy set or policy
contains <AttributeSelector> elements

How is <XPathVersion> related
to XPath-based functions in A14.13?

Is the <XPathVersion> element is REQUIRED
if the XACML enclosing policy set or policy
uses an XPath-based function?

If yes, the spec should say so.
If no, no action is needed.

2) About Context Nodes

Section 5.32 says that:
The context node of the XPath expressions is
the <xacml-context:Request> element.

(I think this means the context node is the <xacml-context:Request>
element node rather than the root node).

What's the context node of
the XPath expressions specified in the
XPath-based function (A14.13) ?

A14.13 has the following sentence:
"The XPath expressions in these functions are
restricted to the XACML request context."

Does this mean that the context node is
either the <xacml-context:Request> element node
or root node?

If the answer is yes, the spec should clarify which
the <xacml-context:Request> element (element node)
or the root node the context node is.

If the answer is no, the spec should clarify what's the context node.

Satoshi Hada
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com