Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] Public Comment

The XACML TC developed a profile of XACML called WSPL - Web
Services Policy Language - based on publicly solicited
requirements and use cases.

See:
- Use cases and requirements:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/1608/wd-xacml-wspl-use-cases-04.pdf
- Specification
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3661/draft-xacml-wspl-04.pdf

Future work within the XACML TC on this will be limited to its
application to access control, authorization, and entitlement,
since the TC voted that more extensive application is out of
scope for the XACML TC.

WSPL is still being pursued by some of us as the best current
option for a general policy language, largely because it supports
automated negotiation of mutually acceptable policies and the
selection of a "best fit" set of attributes.  I will send you a
slide presentation on this separately.  There is interest in
starting up a "Web Services Policy Language" TC within OASIS, and
WSPL would definitely be a submission to that.

Anne

On 25 February, comment-form@oasis-open.org writes: [xacml-comment] Public Comment