Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] Question on XACMLand SAML

On 18 May, Lefeu James-CJL072 writes: [xacml-comment] Question on XACMLand SAML
 > I'm doing a paper on XACML for class.  I was wondering what
 > XACML provides that is not already provided by SAML. Also, do
 > you know where I can find working XACML profiles that I can
 > use for building applications?
 >
 > Sincerely,
 >
 > James Lefeu
James,

SAML provides a Query and Response syntax for requesting an
authorization decision, but does not provide any mechanisms for
making that decision and does not provide any syntax for
specifying the policies on which such a decision should be based.
XACML provides such mechanisms and syntax.  You might want to
look at the XACML Profile for SAML linked off the XACML TC home
page at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml

There are also a number of other profiles linked off that page,
as are several available XACML implementations.

Anne Anderson
Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311     Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA  Fax: 781/442-1692