Subject: Re: XACML profile for SPKI?

James,

There are no plans to do a profile for SPKI.  XACML doesn't deal
with authentication: that is handled by layers such as SAML on
which XACML is built.  So maybe SAML is where such a profile
would be appropriate, but I have heard no customer demand for
SPKI-based systems.

Anne

On 15 June, Lefeu James-CJL072 writes:
 > I was wondering if there are any plans to have an XACML profile for Simple Public Key Infrastructure(SPKI).  SPKI is defined by RFC 2692 located at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2692.txt
 >
 > In particular, instead of authenticating, we would just use SPKI Authorization Certificates over an XACML system.
 >
 > Are there plans for an XACML profile for this? Or is this already possible with the default XACML profile?
 >

 > James

Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311     Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA  Fax: 781/442-1692