Subject: RE: [xacml-comment] More questions about new version 2.0

Diego - Check out Section 5.42, where it says ...

"The <AttributeSelector> element's RequestContextPath XML attribute SHALL
contain a legal XPath expression whose context node is the
<xacml-context:Request> element."

And, yes.  We will use a new namespace.

All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Polar Humenn [mailto:polar@syr.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:36 AM
To: Diego M. Gonzalez
Cc: xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi diego,
 comments inline.

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Diego M. Gonzalez wrote:

> I finished the reviewing of the WD12 and I have the following
> questions.
>

> AttributeSelector
> When I was working on the implementation for the 1.1 spec I found that
> there is no information about the current node for the Xpath
> expressions. The Xpath expressions can make reference to absolute root
> (/doc/node@attrib) or a relative root (../parent@attrib) nodes. The
> Xpath spec calls the "context node". Since the AttributeSelector
> contains an Xpath its important to stablish which is the "context
> node" specially if relative location paths are supported. Are you
> planing adding this to the spec?

I'm not an expert on this Xpath stuff. Somebody more proficient in this may
be able to answer.

> Missing VariableReference
> What is the expected behavior when the VariableReference references to
> a variable that does not exists? Is there any MissinVariable element
> in the Result?

This is a malformed policy and should not type check. If you don't do
typechecking, I guess the "behavior" would be to raise an Indeterminate
result.

> Versioning
> How are you planing to manage the different version of the schemas.
> Are you going to define a new schema with a new namespace xx:xx:2.0 or
> you will create a new schema that extends the previous one with the
> extesions or restrictions to the elements?

I think there will be a new schema identiifer, correct?

Cheers,
-Polar