Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: aswink@thedistillery.com.au

Hello there,

I have a few questions on XACML specifically on (Rule target, Condition) and how PDP finds the right policy to evaluate with the request.
1. What is the significance of rule target in the policy and how is it different from the policy target - My understanding of rule target is that it is a subset of policy target
2. What is condition and how does it work in comparing policy with request - My understanding of Condition is that it is a set of functions that compare the attributes in request with attributes in policy and return an effect
3. When I try to evaluate a request with a set of policies how does PDP determine the right policy for the request (on what basis) - My understanding is it compares attributes in request and policy if so it does not comply with the concept of finding the right policy and then comparing.

I am fairly new to XACML and your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Aswin Kandula