Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: Philippe.Werle@iutv.univ-paris13.fr

Name: Philippe WERLE
Title: IGE Systems & Networks
Regarding Specification: Or-BAC

Organisation Based Access Control :

I am a contributor in the CVIF consortium. The CVIF consortium's goal is to provide a Identity Federation solution to the 17 public Universities in the Parisian region (Ile de France). Looking through the Oasis Web site and the Liberty Web site, I was unable to find information about the XACML road map in regards of the Or-BAC (Organisation Based Access Control)  model. XACML v3.0 seems to implement an Access Control model in between the RBAC and the Or-BAC models. XACML v2.0 is RBAC (Role Based Access Control) oriented.

English publication about the Or-BAC model :

http://www.acsac.org/2003/papers/118.pdf
http://www-smis.inria.fr/~bouganim/CASC/Publications/ENST_OTM_2003_Administration%20Model%20for%20Or-BAC.pdf

French publication about the Or-BAC model :

http://actes.sstic.org/SSTIC04/OrBAC/SSTIC04-article-Cuppens-OrBAC.pdf

Could you please help,
Best regards,

Philippe Werle.