Subject: Policies vs. Rules

Hi all,

I have a question about Policies and Rules.

I really do not see the reason to distinguish between Policy and Rule. In my opinion, everything that you can solve with a Policy that has multiple rules, can also be solved with multiple Policies (where each only has one single Rule).
The only difference that I see between Rules and Policies are that they map to different target sets. Meaning that a Rule maps to DENY or PERMIT and a Policy to DENY, PERMIT and NOT_APPLICABLE (I left away INDETERMINATE). But I really do not see a practical application for this difference.
Maybe you could give me a hint about what the intent is behind Policies and Rules?

I heard that there is a requirement for Rules.

Could anybody tell me what the requirement for Rules is?

Regards,

Florian

smime.p7s