Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] X500 Name Match unclarity

Will x500Name-equal meet your needs? This has a more precise
description and to be honest, I think it was meant to supersede the -
match but I could be mistaken.

+++

urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:x500Name-equal

This function SHALL take two arguments of "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:data-type:x500Name
" and SHALL return an "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean";.  It
SHALL return “True” if and only if each Relative Distinguished Name
(RDN) in the two arguments matches.  Otherwise, it SHALL return
“False”.  Two RDNs shall be said to match if and only if the result of
the following operations is “True” .

1.     Normalize the two arguments according to IETF RFC 2253
"Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): UTF-8 String
Representation of Distinguished Names".

2.     If any RDN contains multiple attributeTypeAndValue pairs, re-
order the Attribute ValuePairs in that RDN in ascending order when
compared as octet strings (described in ITU-T Rec. X.690 (1997 E)
Section 11.6 "Set-of components").

3.     Compare RDNs using the rules in IETF RFC 3280 "Internet X.509
Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List
(CRL) Profile", Section 4.1.2.4 "Issuer".