Subject: 60-day Public Review for REST Profile of XACML 3.0 - Conformance issues

Hello,

I would like some clarification from XACML TC on 2 issues I have with conformance clause 4.2.2 (Entry Point) of REST Profile, to check whether our implementation could be considered compliant or not.

Let’s say we provide a multi-tenant REST API where each tenant has a specific “single entry point” for its RESTful XACML system:

For tenant X, it would be:

https://az.example.com/domains/X

For tenant Y, it would be:

https://az.example.com/domains/Y

etc.

My first issue is with the assertion urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:profile:rest:assertion:home:documentation which seems to say there should be a single entry point for the XACML system across the whole web server, whereas here there is one per tenant (or domain).

Have I got that wrong? Or is this kind of multi-tenant API still compliant somehow?

Now regarding my next issue, when one makes a GET request on https://az.example.com/domains/X , one would get a status code 200 with the following response payload (some content omitted):

<domain xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">

  <atom:link rel="item" href="" title="Domain properties"/>

  <atom:link rel="item" href="" title="Policy Administration Point"/>

  <atom:link

   rel="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/xacml/relation/pdp"

   href="" title="Policy Decision Point"/>

</domain>

My issue then is with the last sentence of 2.2.1 Entry Point which says:

The XACML entry point representation that is returned SHOULD NOT contain anything other than links to other resources specified in this profile.

(Side note: I would be interested to know why there should not be any other resource link btw.)

However, the assertion urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:profile:rest:assertion:home:pdp does not mention that requirement again but simply says:

                The XACML entry point representation SHOULD contain a link to the PDP.

In my case I have a link to some “/pap” resource besides the link to the “/pdp” (and some other things); so all in all, would this be considered compliant in TC’s opinion?

Thanks for any light on this.

Kind regards,

Cyril

---