Subject: XACML 3.0 core spec - invalid example policy in section 4.1.1

Hello,

one of our AuthzForce users made us realize that the very first example of policy in the XACML 3.0 spec (section 4.1.1) is *not valid* :

http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/errata01/os/xacml-3.0-core-spec-errata01-os-complete.html#_Toc489959499

The RuleCombingAlgId is *identifier:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-overrides* whereas it should be *urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-overrides*.

Then I checked for other such basic yet sneaky mistakes (quite frustrating and not good-looking for newbies I guess), and noticed we are still using legacy/deprecated algorithm identifiers in examples of section 4.2.4, in particular: âurn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:*1.0*:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-overridesâ, instead of âurn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:*3.0*:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-overridesâ; and same issue for the policy combining alg equivalent.

Is that a good thing for standard examples?

I only checked the Policy/RuleCombiningAlgId with my poor eyes but I guess we should pass all policy/rule examples through a proper XACML validator/engine again at some point.

For the XACML TC to consider for next version.

KR,

Cyril

[@@ OPEN @@]

Cyril Dangerville

Security Architect, CISSP

THALES

â +33 (0)1 69 41 59 66

â THALES, Campus Polytechnique, 1 avenue Augustin Fresnel, 91767 PALAISEAU, France

â www.thalesgroup.com