Subject: RE: [xacml-dev] Policy editor? Gui?

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 13:42, Mary Kolencik (siamese@bcpl.net) wrote:
> Let's say I'm the policy editor for a system, I control all the
> policies and I want some scheme to keep all of my policy ids unique.
> It's a requirement, right? So if I were using a tool to write my
> policies, it would be nice to have the tool assign the policy ids
> and manage them.

Ah. Ok. Yes, that makes sense. Something that either generates random
ids, uses schemes based on some structure, or something similar. That
certainly makes sense.

> Also, being able to sign policies with the tool would be nice.

Agreed. The only challenge there, of course, is that there's no standard
scheme for using signed XACML policies right now, so that would have to
be custom functionality...but definately very useful.

seth