Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] RE: [sunxacml-discuss] RE: Use of Xquery with XACML

Hi Muhammad.

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 04:48, Muhammad Masoom Alam wrote:
> Ok i agreed what u r saying
>
> can u plz have a look on the following rule case :
>
> suppose i have a rule "
>
> A Physician is allowed to check the record of Patient X , if an only if he
> is the Primary care physician of patient X

I feel like you've asked this question several times, and our answers
don't seem to be helping. Maybe you should re-think how you're asking? I
say this because I know folks here are trying to help, but our answers
don't seem to be helping you, so it might help to change perspective.

Another thing you might want to consider is the way you're modeling the
data. The way you phrase your problem above seems easy enough, but the
specific way you're trying to solve it with XPath/XQuery doesn't seem to
work. One solution would be to change how you structure the data.
Another solution is to handle some of these values such that thy're
accesible attributes in the context of the request (a custom module
would make this easy enough and could abstract the XPath...this is
related to what Daniel and Diego have suggested).

In regards to using XQuery, I thought I'd point out that there's been a
somewhat heated thread on the xml-dev@lists.xml.org list (archived at
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/) about XQuery. I'm pointing this
out as a datapoint only...I haven't used XQuery, and I really have no
strong opinions on it one way or the other. Thanks to Daniel for his
input on this topic!

seth