Subject: RE: [xacml-dev] Evaluation of multiple subjects and resources

Seth

This is the place I don't understand:

If the request context contains multiple subjects with the same
SubjectCategory XML attribute, then they SHALL be treated as if they
were one categorized subject.

It's from ch 5.38 in the spec. I understand how it works, but don't get
the rationale.

Suppose, there's two subjects of the same subject category, S1 with
attribute name equal to "The one" and a role equal to "Keeper", then
there's S2 with name "The one" and role "Beeper". So, if I have a target
which required name match "The one" and a role match "Keeper", then
according to the spec these two Subjects will be treated as one subject
with two multivalued attributes name and role. This "virtual" subject
will match the target.

Thanks,
Argyn