Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] PolicySets

Fatih,

It sounds like you are trying to use the Sun Open Source XACML
implementation.  You have to implement a PolicyFinderModule that knows
how to locate the policy that is associated with a particular policy id.

Regards,
Anne

Fatih TURKMEN wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I am trying to combine several different but relevant policies within a
> single PolicySet. I found PolicyIdReference construct useful for this
> purpose but I couldn't find an example of its use for my purpose. My problem
> is
>
> I have a top level
>
> PolicyFile1.xml
>
> <PolicySet>
>
> <target/>
>

> <PolicyIdReference>Policy2</PolicyIdReference>
>

> .. //other policies
>

> </PolicySet>
>

> PolicyFile2.xml
>
> <Policy Id="Policy2">
>
> ..
>
> </Policy>
>

> This PolicySet has policies both enclosed within <policy> tags inside of it
> and policies located at remote locations (can be both URL or a different
> local file). The above example is not working properly. Am I missing
> something here?
>

> The specification document provides the following for PolicyIdReference:
>
> A reference to a policy that MUST be included in this policy set. If the
>
> <PolicyIdReference> is a URL, then it MAY be resolvable.
>

> So, can you please help me on how I can have several policies some of them
> are located in different files or locations within the same PolicySet?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
>
> Fatih TURKMEN
>
> dit.unitn.it/~turkmen

Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311     Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA  Fax: 781/442-1692