Subject: Resource attributes

I find the resource:target-namespace attribute a bit confusing: it
seems like something that could be derived from the request context,
when not specified explicitly.  In other words, it could be a
synthetic attribute, like the current date and time.  However, given
that it is not such a synthetic attribute, I don't understand why it
is not specified in the example request context (well, perhaps the
example is not expected to pass?)

In addition, I think there is a slight contradiction in the 2.0
spec.  Lines 5041-5045 indicate that the XACML PDP must verify that
this attribute is accurate.  However, lines 3892-3895 and 3897-3899
suggest that all attributes, other than the current time and date,
are transparent to the PDP (which I take to mean that they have no
special semantics).  I couldn't find any other text on the topic, but
it seems a canonical listing of non-transparent attributes would be
helpful!  In general, in Appendix B, it is unclear whose
responsibility it is to manage the proper use of attributes (i.e., to
whom does the "SHALL" apply?  The PEP, PDP, PIP?  Perhaps the Context
handler?  All of the above?)

regards,

Niko Matsakis