Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] Re: [xacml-users] XACML 2.0 Conformance Tests Questions

Ludwig,

Thanks for the answer, it's very helpful. I still have
qs on multiple subjects and context handler.

1. Context Handler.
-------------------
It looks like you consider context handler ability to
fetch additional attributes as a mandatory XACML 2.0
feature, but the only requirement to context handler
that I found was this:

"...the context handler is responsible for obtaining
and supplying the requested values by
whatever means it deems appropriate."

In general "whatever" is not a very good specification
if you look at it from implementation point of view
and it doesn't mean at all that context handler MUST
have a mechanizm for resolving attributes that are
missing in request. I can say that my "whatever"
mechanizm is to look for attributes in request message
only. That's why I think that IIA002 should be
probably included to PIP/PEP tests, not to PDP tests.

2. Multiple Subjects in Request.
---------------------
I think my qs was rather about understanding of
concept  of multiple subjects in request than about
evaluating algorithm. I actually think that evaluating
algorithm in 7.5 doesn't match well intentions
described in non-normative section 2.4.

Let us look at example that you have: 3 subjects and
only one of them matches <SaubjectMatch>. Decision
"Permit" means that ALL subjects are authorized to
have an access to the resource (does it?). Looks like
a potential security breach to me, becuase I can add
100 more subjects with different categories to this
request and they all will be granted a permission to
the resource too.

Thanks again,
Oleg.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14846/xacml2.0-ct-v.0.4.zip