Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] Re: XACML RBAC Profile

Ali,

The problem is in the following snippet of your policy:

            <Apply FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:integer-greater-than">
               <AttributeValue DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">523</AttributeValue>
               <ResourceAttributeDesignator  AttributeId="threshold" DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer"/>
            </Apply>

The integer-greater-than function operates on integers, but the <ResourceAttributeDesignator> element returns a *bag of* integers (see section 5.39. "Element <ResourceAttributeDesignator>" of the XACML 2.0 spec [1]). So you need to convert the bag of integers to a single integer first. You can use the integer-one-and-only function for that. See section A.3.10 "Bag functions" of the XACML 2.0 spec.

Thanks,
Ray

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/2.0/access_control-xacml-2.0-core-spec-os.pdf

From: Ali Ahmed <ali.fci@gmail.com>
To: xacml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 6:12 AM
Subject: [xacml-dev] Re: XACML RBAC Profile

Hi all,
I have (with some help from David Brossard) corrected my policy file as in the attachment.  I am having a coding problem at the moment using the JBoss library (i.e.PicketBox). I managed to have a ContextRequest Object filled with the role ID (i.e. SeniorAdmin1) but could not do the same with the threshold value. Thus, whenever I run the program it gives "org.jboss.security.xacml.sunxacml.finder.AttributeFinder findAttribute  INFO: Failed to resolve any values for threshold java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.security.xacml.sunxacml.attr.BagAttribute cannot be cast to org.jboss.security.xacml.sunxacml.attr.IntegerAttribute" exception.

I believe this is because no value for the threshold is passed. Does any body know how to accommodate the threshold in the RequestContext object similar to the Role one?

Best wishes
Ali