Subject: Xacml 3.0 Functions

Hi,

I wanted to clarify what's in the 3.0 specification regarding 2 data types: IPAddress and DNSName. We are trying to collaborate what's defined in Appendix A vs. what is defined in Section 10.2.8. It seems that both these two data types were left out of section 10.2.8 for the function: "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:type-is-in". They are not listed in the table in Section 10.2.8 nor are they indicated as being omitted in Appendix A.3.10. They also seem to be left out of table 10.2.8 for all the Set functions (intersection, subset, union, atleastonememberof, set equals) and again not indicated as being omitted in Appendix A.3.11.

Can someone please verify that these functions for these two datatypes are indeed purposely omitted? Or if that was simply an omission error in the spec.

Thanks,

Pam

Pamela L. Dragosh
PMTS – Research