Subject: Xacml 3.0 Element <PolicyIdentifierList> Clarification

Hi,

I'm hoping to get more clarification with regards to the PolicyIdentifierList element that is contained in the Response, I.e. Section 5.49.

The specification says the following:
<PolicyIdReference> [Any number]

The identifier and version of a policy which was applicable to the request. See section 5.11. The <PolicyIdReference> element MUST use the Version attribute to specify the version and MUST NOT use the LatestVersion orEarliestVersion attributes.
<PolicySetIdReference> [Any number]

The identifier and version of a policy set which was applicable to the request. See section 5.10. The <PolicySetIdReference> element MUST use the Version attribute to specify the version and MUST NOT use theLatestVersion or EarliestVersion attributes.

So BOTH the identifier and version of a policy is supposed to be what is contained within the element. However, the specification indicates [Any number] as the type. The policy identifier is a URI while the version is [Any number]. So not only is there a mixture of two different data types, there also is nothing indicated as how one parses out the identifier and version. Should we assume that the contents starts with a URI for the policy id and ends with a [Any number] for the version. Or am I missing something from the documentation?

Pam

Pamela L. Dragosh
PMTS – Research
180 Park Ave – D173