Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] Handling repetitions of Attribute Category/Id/Issuer/DataType in XACML Request

Hello,
thanks Steven for your answer.
For the record, I also noticed a XACML 2.0 conformance test that confirms your answer to the second point, with an example. I assume the same holds true for XACML 3.0. This is test #24 in section A of section G on the XACML 2.0 conformance tests page [1]. Indeed, in the associated test request [2], the subject-id <Attribute> occurs twice:
<Subject> <Attribute AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:subject-id" DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"> <AttributeValue>Julius Hibbert</AttributeValue> </Attribute> <Attribute AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:subject-id" DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"> <AttributeValue>Zaphod Beedlebrox</AttributeValue> </Attribute>
</Subject>
In the test policy [3], the description of the rule 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:conformance-test:IIIA024:rule3' reads (content omitted):
[...] (ERROR in passing multi-valued bag to one-and-only function) INDETERMINATE
The Apply with the one-and-only function that the description refers to:
<Apply FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:string-one-and-only">
  <SubjectAttributeDesignator AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:subject-id" MustBePresent="true" DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
</Apply>
So the conformance test is expecting an error because of a bag with too many values (two in this case) for the subject-id.
There might be other examples of such things in the conformance tests. I have not checked thoroughly, far from it.

Regards,
Cyril

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14877/ConformanceTests.html
[2] https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/xacml/current/tests/IIIA024Request.xml