Subject: RE: [xacml-users] Sample with matching attributes of subj and resource

Right. I've no problem reading specifications, BUT samples always help
to understand them better.

Two types of samples are needed:
1. syntax: where the sole purpose of a sample is to show how a
particular construct can be used.
2. usage patterns: how XACML rules are best used for diffent situations.
Example: at first I wrote a target with 4 <Action> elements, each with
string-equal to SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE and INSERT actions in DB. Then
after browsing through CTs, I figured that they can be replaced with
just one regexp-string-match. Ideally, I'd love to have one complete
"Pet Store" type of XACML setup. It's probably too late for me, but for
those who think to start using XACML, it would be useful.

> I have suggested doing something like this in the
> past, but no
> one has had the time. I try to provide a few examples in my
> implementation, but I'm clearly not providing enough. I've
> thought about
> trying to put such a collection together at some
> point...maybe I'll make
> some time this fall to do just this...

I maybe able to contribute "sanitized" real-world examples, if you need
input.

Thanks,
Argyn